Thursday 19 July 2012

Malaysia Klang Bak Kut Teh - As good as LiFE can BE


Greetings from Malaysia,


Err... by the time, I started working on this blog again, I am already back in Singapore... So to be politically correct...


Greeting from the Little Red Dot,

BANG bang BANG to ZOOM zoom ZOOM to BOOM boom BOOM.

Above are the words that I would used to describe these last few weeks.


 

Bang What, Bang HEAD, Bang B@lls


Zoom there, Zoom here, Zoom everywhere


Boom this, Boom that, Boom everything,
except going to Boom Boom room to see Kumar
( I think Kumar is no longer with Boom Boom Room anymore)





So I thought to myself and reckon what better way to read my blog, with some music.

Having said all the above, I did managed to also finish reading a Book, not just any book but a very thick book none to say the least.
One thick book


Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson.

I haven't read a book that's so intense, so insightful, so honest, so clear and definitely so white for a long while.

Although this is not the first biography of Steve that I have read but I must admit that I got to know this man a lot better, and somewhat my initial impression of him has evolved a little more than it should.

Below is a summary of what I thought about him.

Q: Was he Successful?
IT: No doubt about it.


Q: Was he an Ass + Hole?

IT: Yes, he was with the biggest "A" ever.


Q: Was he a bastard?
IT: No, he wasn't just any bastard but a Class A bastard.

Q: Did he evolute technology to a new found HIGH?
IT: Need we go there, but by just looking at (i) everything from POD, PAD & PHONE, he didn't just create a new innovative product, he created a LIFESTYLE.

Highlights:
If you didn't notice easier, the next time you get your hands/eyes/head/bxxbs either on a MacBook or/and iPAD, take a moment to indulge and just "feel" it for a minute, for it is a piece of art (sexy art) and history that you are holding, see and appreciate how tightly integrated the hardware & software are, like they belong together as ONE with no portable battery, no built-in fan, no nonsense, "Just Simple". 

Q: Anything else to add?


Steve J, "A" Genius, "A" Legend, "A" God Father, "A"ss hole
 R.i.P Steve Jobs 1955 to 2011 
p.s. I love you too

If you are interested to know what I am reading now...

Look RIGHT.

Of course, I am not going online and openly tell the whole world that I think my boss is an idiot.

For the record, he or she is NOT "MCQ with the following choices"

A) Really...

B) Sometimes only...

C) Maybe...

D) Ivan T is so Handsome (I just needed to slip this in)

E) All the above


Don't we always think that we are the Genius and our bosses are generally the S. H. I. T. H. E. A. D.

Or are we the idiot working for the Genius?


Only time will tell and will give you a review when I am done reading this book or if my boss(s) come hunting me down like a wolf.

 So from one Legend to an other Legend.

I present to you the one and only "TRUE" Bak Kut Teh that literally translates as "Meat Bone Tea"or what we called 肉骨茶. 


Don't worry, we are Chinese and not dogs although one Ministry of Education SCHOLAR from China by the name of Sun Xu did called Singaporean DOGS on February 2012, but I think there are too many blogs or posting about this that you can probably Google and give your own take on this matter.

So if you are not accustomed to Asia culture just yet, DO NOT WORRY, for there is no dish which comprises of Meat Bone + Tea just yet, that I know about however if you deem otherwise, please let me know and would love to give it a try

The only logical reason for the name that I can think of is that this dish is best appreciated together with a cup of tea or many cup of tea for the matter of fact, since the traditional Chinese tea cup are only this BIG.

Scale 1:1 
For all you fans, you would have read my earlier entry about our very own Singapore version of Bak Kut Teh, which is white and pepper soup base. 

This is totally DIFFERENT, and LiFE didn't feel so wholesome or completed before.

But before anyone gunned me down like a bitch out of a brothel, let me come out to say that I like the Singapore version too, however in my view, the only thing in common between Singapore and Malaysia version is the name, as they couldn't be more different like a fishball to a fish.

Life would be much easier if they were called different names, but human like us, just enjoy complicating life and isn't just contented with simplicity.

For your information, my missy has always suspected that one of the main reasons why I have married her was that I need to have a reason to go up North to Klang on the pretext of visiting my mother-in-law like any good son-in-laws should do but more importantly to fulfill my stomach.

That is so so so NOT true... because I -------------Blank------------- 
"Fill in the blanks time, for you to dream out a prefect answer"

Anyhow, for those of you who are not familiar with Klang, Malaysia see the map below, and I am certain that your geographic teacher will be very ashamed of you, but hey nowadays, we do have GPS nowadays so life can be a lot easier.
 
Klang is where the A is ?

So my driver, okay he is not as handsome as me but he has a pair of eyes, a pair of hands, a pair of legs, one brain, one head and can drive, plus he is FREE and will pay for meals, so no complains.

Fiat, the closer a common man can get to a Ferrari?

After 3 hours of driving within the speed limit, covering a total distance approximately 350 kilometer (You worked out the maths), we arrived at Restoran Lai Choon Bah Kut Teh 来春烘肉骨茶 No: 116, Jalan Pekan Baru Off Jalan Meru, 41050 Klang, Selangor.

My Number One Bah Kut Teh Joint
There isn't much to see, but trust me this is where good food comes from.

Beside, does it looks dark inside from the outside?

Food is served right from the front

That's because it is DARK, YOU IDIOT &/or GENIUS.

Presenting to you the PIGs from UP North.

Confuse yet?
Are you like a lost puppy now?

Do not fear, cos IT is here to SAVE THE DAY.

Let me explain, for anyone who hasn't been to Klang or tasted the real Klang Bak Kut Teh before, they have not 1 but 2 version, the WET and the beloved DRY.

So unlike Singapore version where you will get one individual dishes, this come all into a single pot.

Let talk about the WET.

A pot of happiness
Ms. WET is very flexible and definitely customized to one's taste bud, for one can illiterately enjoy any part of the pig as if you are in a five start posh meat restaurant, starting from the part of meat - fat/lean, bone/boneless, leg/legless and if you are adventurous enough, you can also order some spare parts to go along with it, and one of my favourite is their intestines where the big intestine wraps around the small intestine (What a noble creation), and take my word, the taste is just pure heaven. 

Let's move on to the DRY.

A pot of Joy
Mr. DRY here is a little different however like Ms. WET, you can choose what you want to include.

I like Mr. DRY for its intense dark sauce taste coupled with a little spice, that always cooked to perfection, never failed to make me feel like falling in LOVE all over again and the aftertaste it leave me with, lingering in my mouth and head.

If Ms. WET was pure Heaven, Mr. DRY is plus Heaven.

Warnings: Do not be fooled by those stalls in Singapore that claims to serve Klang style Bak Kut Teh, for I have tasted so many and none has ever come remotely closed to the REAL McCoy, and do know that this dish is highly addictive once you have had it.

Another thing, in Malaysia or at least in Klang, you can bring your own tea leaves, own ingredient, own anything and whatever thing you would like to have, for a token sum only.


How generous and graceful of the stall owners.


If only Singapore can learn to be a little like our neighbors.


NOW look LEFT.

That is not a BOMB.

That is just a self made Kettle Pot sitting on a LPG Gas Tank.

Q: Does it look dangerous?
IT: Yes it does.

Q: Has anyone been injuired before?
IT: I don't know

Q: Do I care?
IT: No, I don't

Q: Eat at your own risk, is it worth it?
IT: Go be THE idiot


Verdict Out of Five (5*):
  1. Quality of Food: 4.5 (No words will justify the taste you will experience, it like a nature high)
  2. Ambiances: 3.0 (Simple)
  3. Audiences: 4.0 (Everyday people, you and me)
  4. Price: 3.5 (Price has escalated since I first visited but it is in RM, so no complains)
  5. Services: 4.0 (Order and blink, the food is served)
  6. Hygiene: 3.0 (Good Enough, like Bersih Malaysia)
My overall rating is 4.5*, and yes, this is my highest rating till date.

Quote of the post: "Simple, like Life should be"

Till next time and signing off
"IT"

No comments:

Post a Comment