Tuesday 24 September 2013

Baby Asher Special


This is writing in tribute to our baby boy, Asher Tan Jing En.

Prior to his delivery, we thought or at least I thought, it will be no task great enough for us, but I cannot be more wrong.

Fact of life, did you know that a baby need to be fed every 2 to 3 hours, and Asher Tan will kick a BIG BIG BIG fuss if he doesn't get food in his mouth when he is hungry.

Of late, feeding him to his heart contents does not seems to be sufficient anymore, as he expects to be cuddle and carry all the time, and mind you, I can't be sitting down watching TV while carrying him, he needs to be carry and walk around, thought my apartment is no bigger than a shoebox.

This blog will probably give him an idea of the amount of $$$ he owes us.

To start off, his Ferrari as some of them called it.

After being to almost every baby shops in Singapore, and I am not kidding, mommy finally agreed on going with this stroller.

Before this, I would have imagine a reasonably good stroller will cost around S$500 to 600, but we end up paying more than twice that amount.

Here come's missy / mummy justification, it has has to be both front and back facing, it has to be one hand operation, its has to be relatively light weight and ultimately, it has to be "NICE" looking.

So we settled for Bugaboo Bee+ together Andy Warhol flower print canopies cos in the eyes of every new parents, their kid are special and only deserve the best. 
Next come the baby carrier, there are too many brands out there like the strollers and after looking endless at countless model, we have decided to purchase a Norwegian branded carrier, Baby Bjorn, it will be no stranger to lots of parents as it seems that this is very popular.

For those who are not familiar, Bjorn in English stands for Bear.

And to make things more complex, they offer different carrier version from Miracle, Mesh, One, Original, Comfort and the list will continue to go on and on I reckon.
BABY BJORN BABY CARRIER MIRACLE (BLACK SILVER)
Trust me, these 2 items above will be the cause of a lot of discussion and maybe argument if the shit hits the fence, but being the "GOOD" husband that I am, I just went along with whatever mummy think it is best for the baby.
Oh not forgetting the baby chair, I would have thought going to IKEA was sufficient for something so minor, but obiviously, mummy got different ideas and am I surprise.
We went with Stokke, another Norwegian Company.
From the picture above, you will reckon that the chair can last you throughout your life time, if its does not break, that is.

 
And we have to buy not one but two, maybe that's a sight that missy is considering going for another baby...





As I am working for a Norwegian company, who are traditionally known for their innovation in maritime technology since they have Viking bloodline in them, it somewhat surprise me that they are equally as passionate in developing babies product.
Next, comes the diaper.
Mummy wanted it to be Eco-friendly, so we opted to go for Charlie Banana.
This diaper was suppose to fit the kid up to a certain number of ages (You can count on me to forget such details) and it is supposedly reusable.
What someone forgot to tell mummy was that it was not cash friendly and cost so much more than regular used and throw diapers, I was told that I will make my money back eventually.

We will just have to wait and see.
















I can go on and on, but before I call a conclusion.
In summary, you will need to consider all the below as well...
Scroll down at your own risk.

1. Baby Cot Bed
2. Travel Cot
  Fisher Price 3 in 1 Travel Cot Playpen - Rainforest
Why you ask, because the baby sleep almost every time and any where in the house, so unless you want to just let him/her sleep in the fixed baby cot or have the energy to move it around like E-Man, a travel cot is recommended.
I asked the same dumb question too, and got shot down before you realized it.
3. Breast Pump
 
P.S. This is not a weapon.

4. Milk Formula
 
Trust me, you will need at least one tin can to standby when your new born arrive, just in case the breast milk is insufficient, like in our case.

So the baby was crying all night and we didn't know why, why, why... You get the idea.

It must be one of my stressful night ever.
Nevertheless, I am sure the family will be one fill with endless laughter and plenty of happiness.
Just look at the picture below, I am convinced, so you should be too.
She and he are angels sent by God.
 
A moment of Aww....

Never fails to melts my heart.

However, there are days which is getting too common that the little rascal goes on the wild side and drive me up the wall.

 
Nevertheless, the nurse told me that crying is good for the lung of the baby, so on some days, I just let Asher let go once awhile, but he is simply too adorable to be left alone for too long.
Need some convincing.
 
 Some more you ask...

 Okay, Papa and Mama is tired and this is all for today.

Yours Truly,
Asher Tan 
Sleepless in Singapore
Happy Full Moon in advance on 26 September 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment